Hillside Square is Montclair's most prestigious "green" office complex. Formerly the home of the First Church of Christ Scientist, Hillside Square has been completely renovated while retaining the church's original architectural details dating back to 1926.
The public corridors incorporate new modern lighting technology: a lensed ceiling slot detailed around arches in the first floor corridor provides soft diffuse illumination, and the second floor corridor with salvaged radiator cover suspended as art is illuminated by a suspended linear light fixture providing indirect light.
The lobby conference room, formerly the lower level of 3 story day lit bell tower atrium, refurbished and reused the original bell tower lantern now suspended above the meeting table. To mimic the soft and diffuse daylight, lost when the bell tower was divided into separate floors, a new octagon shaped cove was created to fill the room with diffuse light.